Monday, March 23, 2009

Task 8

Well, I got ahead of myself. I created a wiki, www.PeterandSydney@wikispaces.com, as part of Task 7. Then, when I got to Task 8, I tried to comply by going to the Sandbox to join that wiki and could not find the "new page" icon to which the instructions refer. This was a bit frustrating. I've not completed that part of Task 8 as a result.

I'm still fiddling with the wiki. It seems easier to deal with than trying to create a web page through First Class or @Paideia. I've uploaded several class photos and included descriptions of what we are doing. However, the graphics are not as professional, at least as far as I can tell. I may not use it as a "web page" after all, but more as is intended as a discussion page.

I found a wonderful feed today through The Chronicle of HIgher Education. Arts and Letters Daily purports to include the best writing from news outlets around the world. I especially like getting a different perspective than my usual New York Times. Check it out at http://www.aldaily.com.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think we got your request to join the wiki - will you try again? Then you should be able to add a new page.

    I personally think the function of a webpage is more important than the form, so I think it would serve well as your class page. Let Tech. know if you want us to link the wiki to @paideia so others can see it. We could also work this summer to make a "pretty" home page that then links to your wiki.

    Nice work, Sydney!!

    ReplyDelete