Sunday, March 22, 2009

Task 5

I finally figured out how to add Martin and Natalie's blogs to my Reader. Glad to have them there and not have to chase them through Google. However, I'd like to find out how, if at all, one could jump from the Reader directly to a blog to post a comment.

I've added a couple of things to the Reader, but can already see that I'm overwhelmed. I don't read The New Yorker every week or The New York Times every day in their entirety anymore (except in summer) so I wonder how I'l manage all this information.

This goes to my point that "all information is not created equal". I agree with Martin that the true Creators, as distinguished from the Mavens and Salespeople and from "faux creators", are few. The trick with this technology seems to be to find ways to use it to inspire our students to create and to think for themselves. So, I"ll tend toward original sources or toward sites that direct me to original sources. Opinion sites are my least favorite, least used so far.

1 comment:

  1. To jump from your reader directly to the blog, just click on the title of the blog at the top of the reader page. Let me know if you need help.

    ReplyDelete