Sunday, February 15, 2009

Task 1

Well, not exactly. This is the first posting for my own blog. I've posted a few comments on a Westtown blog in the past. As much as I love to write and to journal, this feels exceedingly strange. I'm not sure why. I feel vulnerable, knowing that people whom I don't know well will look at this unmediated outpouring of my ideas. I prefer email communication with one or two people to a group discussion. And I'm an extrovert. Go figure.

Hmmm.


As for my impressions of Pi.2.0, they are benign at this point. I have learned the meaning of the (until now) mysterious "RSS". I had no trouble setting up this blog. I am in a "wait and see" mode at this point. I'm not sure how I would use this particular tool for a 4th/5th grade class. Perhaps to comment on books...need to think it over.

2 comments:

  1. Sydney-
    Your blog looks great. I do agree that blogging has more possibilities with high schoolers, but I think you will come up with some useful ideas for your students. It really is an excellent communication tool. I personally like the scribe of the day idea where kids have to summarize what they learned in class. I know you have always wanted to do a webpage for announcements and what not - you might consider turning a blog into your class webpage. Looking forward to reading more of your insights...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you on board! Now I can "adopt" your blog. (Need to find a new term.) I have seen a first grade teacher's blog where he just types up thoughts about that week's class -- the parents follow it avidly. I'm hoping to do the same with my thinking about the library and children's lit after the course.

    ReplyDelete